Friday, July 11, 2008

To Hue, Hoi An, Nha Thrang,and Saigon

Hi guys,
I am leaving Hanoi today for Hue and onwards to Saigon some 1900km away. To cycle all the way will take about 2 weeks and the cost will be quite high so I have decided to take the bus instead together with the bicycle and though I have to pay for the bicycle as well the time taken will be shorter thus saving on the hotels. From Saigon I hope to go on to Cambodia (Phnom Penh) and maybe Seam Reap before flying back to KL. I should then be back in KL before the end of the month. I would still be cycling at the places I stop and enjoy the local scene.
Dr Lee, don't worry, I am still in good shape though a little soft and of a different colour. To Tey, I hope you will succeed where I fail. To Datuk Johan, Cikgu Mat ,Lee Boon Leong, Sam (Din), and all the guys at Warung Rus, sorry I can't report back on the Miao women. Will try again another time .
The two girls from Malaysia ,Chan and Shirley have left for home and too bad I didn't get to know them better, they had such a hectic schedule.
Another two Malaysians just arrived, Dominic Wong and Anthony Kok from CIMB. Looks like Air Asia is doing a roaring business.
While in Hanoi two girls have been very helpful to me and I am sorry to have to leave them: Quyen and Thoa (sisters) who sell tour packages for a Tour Agency. Without them I would not have managed with the problems that I had to solve.
Well I guess that's all for now, till next time , regards and take care.
Adnan.

2 comments:

somchai said...

Hi Adnan,
Forget China there are more places to visit in Vietnam and Cambodia.
I will cycle from Vietnam border at Loa-Bao on 17 this month and will arrive Hoi-an on 21 july probably seeyou there.Good luck
somchai

Anonymous said...

Hiya!!

Shame to hear you are not able to carry on to China... never mind, just enjoy yourself wherever you decide to go. We'll still be reading your blog so just because you are no longer on a quest, don't make it any less interesting, okay?!

Have fun & take care!!!

-Ann-