Thursday, July 17, 2008

In Nha Trang B4 moving to Saigon

Hi Guys, Arrived at Nha Trang at around 7 am after about 12 hrs, but I managed some sleep as I had the 'sleeper.' Checked into a small hotel and will discover the place later.

Yesterday before leaving Hoi An I had the whole afternoon after checking out so, I went back to the ancient part of Hoi An again and I met the most number of people from different places in a single day.

While taking some photos near a stone sculpture I met 2 ladies and after some introductions one of them said that she's from Thailand and that she remembers seeing me pass her house about a month ago. Can you believe that? It's a one in a million chance, I think. Then at the same place I met an Australian middle aged couple and had a photo taken with them. Later I met an American couple-Trent Szakail (Hungarian American ) and Monica Gonzales (from Guatemala) who met in Spain as students 14 yrs ago and now married for 9 years. They now live in the USA.Then a group from Paris. Then some Japanese, and later still a Chinese from China who had the misfortune of having to hear my complaints about his country. Then I met again the Swiss couple whoI met in Hanoi, a young couple from Denmark and also a Korean who has been away for 9 months visiting India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Laos, Cambodia and now Vietnam. Next he visits Thailand.The number of people from all over the world is endless, but other than in Hanoi and Ha Long Bay I have not met a single Malaysian in all the other places in Vietnam.

I just had a short ride in Nha Trang and to describe the place, I'd say it somewhat resembles Penang where the beachfront is concerned, but the stretch of beach is right where the city (town?) is with its many 4-5 star hotels, and the development is still frantically going on.

The sandy beach stretches for miles and miles and the activities include water skiing ,paragliding, and other water-based sports. It also has a backdrop of mountains that has a sign something like that of HOLLYWOOD.

I see may senior citizens just lazing around and chatting away with their friends and of course like everywhere else couples sitting together or strolling. A lot of foreigners stay at the posh hotels just across the road from the beach. Most elderly people speak French but youngsters are learning English to cater for the increase in tourists from all over the world.

Two students studying tourism will be my guide this evening to show me around Nha Trang for free. When I asked why they are doing it , they say that it is because they'd get a chance to learn and practice English. Things look promising for me in Nha Trang so, I'll leave you now and perhaps blog again later tonight.Regards

Adnan

3 comments:

Kim Thoa said...

Hi Adnan
I'm Thoa.How are you? Everyday i read your blog.but i cant comment for you, i dont know why.now you are staying in Nha Trang.Did you have good time in Hue and Hoi An.can you give me your address email.i'll sent email for you.My email: kimthoa2508@gmail.com
Have good trip
Best regards

Bandit said...

Sir,

glad to read/hear that all is well and the journey is treatng you well.. seems that you are having a good time there..

Regards

Bandit

Anonymous said...

Ello,

It's great to make new friends, eh? All the better when they share your passion for travelling. Just wanted to tell u we're going off to Lake Taupo for a few days. Just to let the kids experience snow. It's Dan's first time but I doubt Adam remembers the snow we had in Brighton. He was too young that time but he'll probably enjoy it this time.

Okay, gotta go. Keep having fun. I'll check out your blog when we get back from our trip.

Cheers! Take care.