Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Chumpon

We reached Chompon just as it got dark and headed for my friend's house, but unfortunately Somchai had moved to Bangkok. I know Somchai from 2008 when I was in Chumpon on my cycling attempt to Beijing . I however lost contact with him and when I get to Bangkok I hope to see him again. We then went to Wirayuth's (Tum's)place and was really glad to see him, his wife and daughter who is back from Bangkok for the school vacation. Wirayuth and Somchai are cycling friends and so are Anucha and Teerapol .They were In Malaysia cycling last year but unfortunately were unable to get in touch with me. Meeting these nice people again was indeed a happy occasion.There were lots of stories to tell and catching up to do. All Thais have nicknames, eg. Virayuth Suwansiri is Tum, his wife Sani is Ni and his daughter Pikjira is Ai.

Din and I then checked into Suriwong Hotel nearby and after a simple dinner settled in for the night. We plan to stay here for two days.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Mel said...

takde gambo ke? share la gambo, bole kite feel skit...