Monday, May 19, 2008

Vesak Day meeting

With Warung Rus closed I had to join Cikgu Ahmad at the Kedai Mamak 18 jam for his breakfast. We were then by Cikgu Lee and later still by Jombo and his wife Betty. We talked about old times as all of us were together at one time or another during the last 40 over years. Another Brinsfordian passed away yesterday and we can't help but lament the fact that our numbers are fast decreasing. For those who are still around some are not so lucky and have to cope with problems like blood pressure ,gout, diabetes ,arthritis, osteoporosis and other health complications. For those who are lucky enough to enjoy good health let us thank God and pray that we continue to be so for the rest of our lives.

Jimbo and Betty will be leaving for Auckland at the end of the month to join their daughter who is expecting her first child. Both are looking forward to be a grandmother and grandfather for the first time. Bon voyage and all the best to them.

In the evening after my usual cycling around Jalan Tanjung /EPF area I joined Datuk Johan at the warung by the lake at Taman Jaya,PJ for drinks and continued our usual borak kosong . Datuk Johan is a regular hiker at Bukit Gasing ,either alone or with his aide Nan and after the hike we often meet up at Raju or Taman Jaya. Today Cikgu Mat and Lee joined us and today's hot topic is about Tun Mahatir's resignation from UMNO. One thing for sure there's never a dull day in Malaysia since the political tsunami of March 8th. I'd rather leave the political discussions and debates to others.

Tomorrow morning I have an appointment with the Minister of Youth and Sports at Parliament house . Due to some administrative bungling at the Ministry ,the Minister has yet to receive the letter I personally handed over to his staff on the 17 floor on the 5th May.The letter is regarding my cycling marathon to China. Through Datuk Johan's article that appeared in theNSTP on 3rd May the Minister wants to personally look into it. My only hope is that something favorable will come out of the meeting as many changes have taken place since my first letter to the Ministry in January that was under a different minister. To tell you the truth ,if not for Datuk Johan I would not bother to go and meet the Minister. Wish me luck.

Look out for my next blog.

Regards

Adnan

No comments: